Here we go.

30 June 2008

KMHD, Mayumi:
Photobucket
The flash trip to Ft. Smith wasn't too bad, it went by w/o incident. Highlights include Dad making scrambled eggs for KMHD (Which is a BFD, he hasn't cooked for us in 10+ years!) and inheriting an 8-track player + numerous 8-track cassettes. I've always respected and admired the novelty of 8-tracks, but never saw myself as an owner of one. Thx to my dad, I am now!

Photobucket
Just a sample:
Photobucket
Me & KMHD, we got out of Ft. Smith pretty quickly, there's nothing for us there. I need to note the immense feeling of relief and happiness arriving back home. Euh, huh? We weren't even gone 24 hours.

Me & ATM made good on what was left of our weekend, we went to the flea market in search of "new" 8-track cassettes (No dice), Supermercado Fresca (Home of 88 cent t-shirts and glass bottle colas), and we tried to go to Jam Rock, a newish Caribbean grocery store, but they were closed. According to my co-worker, they have lots of tonics and potions for vitality & long-lasting boners. Naturally, I'm intrigued. I don't even know what I'd pick up there! Probably not tonics and potions, though.

3-day weekend bliss and it's all for Independence Day. We are going to have a thing @ our home. I've already drawn up a menu & ideas of water sprinklers and shady spots in the yard. I really hope people bring chairs! And libations. And maybe a little food. I'm inviting the usual suspects, all of the precious (& photogenic) folks that I run with. They will make my 4th so attractive!

My favorite glass:

Photobucket

I did myself a huge favor and ordered Kids In the Hall Seasons 1 & 2. Both offa the internets for less than 20$! I really envy you guys -- you'll soon get to hear me dropping KITH quotes all over the place! So's you know, I ain't gonna spread for no roses.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that pic of Kim looks as if she's going to cut your damn throat. You've stumbled into the wrong conversation, CameraGirl, and now you must pay.

Anonymous said...

It's because I'm in Fort Smith, natch.

AMD & KMHD said...

Honestly, the first thing I noticed about the photo was the graininess, the basket & the light. But, now that you mention it, it is totally a convo that I shouldn't have heard!

AMD & KMHD said...

Also, it is the only photo I took during this last trip to FS. It's pretty amazing.

Blog Archive